How Eco is Wrapping Paper?
It's a good question, something I've asked myself for so many years and something that can be so easily overlooked! I've done it before and I'm sure others have too. So this is why I thought, why not make your own range? Make it super BeckiLamby and with that, ensure it is super hardcore eco friendly!
Before we explore my own upcoming range of Wrapping Paper, I thought we'd take a quick dive into the controversial topic of how recyclable standard Wrapping Paper really is and how to tell the difference...
So, did you know the following:
- Wrapping paper is often dyed, laminated and/or contains non-paper additives such as gold and silver coloured shapes, glitter, plastics etc which cannot be recycled.
- Some wrapping paper is too thin and contains too few good quality fibres for recycling.
- A lot of wrapping paper has sticky tape attached to it which makes it very difficult to recycle.
The recycling teams in the UK recommend a simple test to see if your wrapping paper is suitable to be recycled (after checking for tape and glitter of course)...
Can you scrunch it in your hand and let go with it remaining scrunched? If the answer is no, then it is not solely paper based and cannot be recycled.
What makes my Wrapping Paper different then? Well with all of the above in mind I have devised a super cute range that in its totality is good for your eyes and good for the planet...
- All my Wrapping Paper is printed onto 100% recycled paper and therefore is 100% recyclable again.
- No added glitter, laminates, dye or plastics in sight.
- I am releasing matching Paper Washi Tape with the range in the hopes that plastic tape can be a distant memory.
- The Paper will be sold in A3 sheets, which is smaller than standard Wrapping Sheets but allows there to be less wastage and you need only buy as much is required. (And I will print it on demand, like most of my ranges)
- And my paper scrunches!
Need any more convincing? Ok, well lets have a look at how beautiful they are then...
Oh and if you're still not convinced... how about the fact they have guide cutting lines on the back... *mic drop*
Haha anyway, I hope you learned a little about how to be eco whilst giving super cute gifts! I can't wait to launch this range, I'm just waiting on the supplies to come in, the Washi Tape delivery date and then we'll be rocking and rolling, up presents.
Thank you for reading, as always remember, be kind, smile and laugh, until next time...